Monday, October 17, 2011

"I make weak things become strong unto them"

" No matter what the source of difficulty and no matter how you begin to obtain relief - through a qualified professional therapist, doctor, priesthood leader, friend, concerned parent, or loved one - no matter how you begin, those solutions will never provide a complete answer. The final healing comes through faith in Jesus Christ and His teachings, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit and obedience to His commandments."
Richard G Scott


No amount of support from recovery groups, or loved ones, can or will bring you salvation. Other people may bless you and support you in your journey, but eventually you must come unto Christ Himself for true healing, recovery, and salvation. I spoke before of being " Broke In", which I believe is to come to him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit; Remorseful for our behavior, with a desire to change, and with the willingness to surrender ourselves to His guidance and will.

We are foolish to think we our doing well on our own, that the temporary relief of burden is met by confiding in another, and allowing another to shoulder a portion of our burden. Everlasting recovery comes through the healing power of the atonement, through the steps provided us, which if we dedicate ourselves to, along with the Lord, we will not fail.

" If men come unto me I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them "
Ether 12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment